Monday, May 21, 2007

Rainbows!

Early morning cross country at Ooty... it was so tedious to get yourself out of bed... shivering... down the winding roads we ran... to see not one but three rainbows over the hills... (Xan described it very eloquently in a poem she wrote a few days later... I should get a copy of that)

What does a rainbow signify? A pot of gold at the other end? Or a link between Earth and Heaven?

According to Wordsworth...

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.
(Yeah... I'm a big Wordsworth fan!)

Many years later... walking down yet another winding road... lost (and
found at the same time)... light rain... shivering... I found another
rainbow... Again I didn't know what to think or feel... except this
calm which took over me... and I found myself humming to the tune...

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true


No comments: